Without much fuzz, if you’re a customer of Cigna, the answer is – yes, a smart phone can make you smarter about your health. If you’re a customer of the global health care plan provider Cigna, we have some great news for you.
They just launched a new app for making smarter health related decisions, control your health spending as well as give you better control over your health overall. Among the features the app provides its users easy access to personalized health care information for:
- finding a doctor using Cigna’s award-winning physician directory.
- accessing ID cards in one convenient location.
- viewing and managing account balances and deductibles.
- looking up medical, dental and pharmacy claims.
- researching and comparing drug prices at 60,000 pharmacies.
And these are just the features for now. During entire year of 2013 you can expect a lot of new features and upgrades for the app from Cigna. Among the new planned features are more accurate pricing and quality info on both doctors and hospitals for hundreds of medical procedures, based on the customer’s personal health plan and information and balances related to that.
The free app can be downloaded at Google Play or App StoreSM and currently it supports all smart phones and tablets with Android or iOS operating systems.
Disclosure: This post was requested by an advertiser.